Adolescent Orthodontics in McAllen, TX
Senan Orthodontic Studios: Where Beautiful Smiles are Made
Outstanding Care & Exceptional Results
Adolescent Orthodontics Overview
Orthodontic problems will not get better over time. On the contrary, dental problems caused by crooked teeth or a misaligned jaw can get worse and cause more serious issues if left untreated indefinitely. While it’s certainly possible to undergo effective orthodontic care as an adult, it’s recommended that most people seek treatment as an adolescent whenever possible. This is for a number of reasons, including:
- All baby teeth have fallen out
- Permanent teeth have come in
- Their jaws are developed enough to support orthodontic treatment
Most importantly, adolescents’ mouths are still growing, which makes orthodontic intervention faster, easier, and less involved than if they were finished growing as an adult.
What Conditions Can Be Treated with Teen Braces?
Braces can effectively resolve many dental problems, such as:
- Gapped teeth
What Are the Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Whether minor or severe, crooked teeth or a misaligned jaw can negatively impact your teenager’s smile’s appearance, comfort, and function. With this in mind, it’s best to seek braces for your teen sooner rather than later. Some of the many benefits of getting early orthodontic treatment for your teen include:
- Making eating, speaking, and practicing good oral hygiene easier
- Relieving discomfort from overcrowded teeth or a misaligned jaw
- Improving their appearance
- Boosting their self-esteem
Orthodontic Treatment Options for Teens
- Traditional Metal Braces: These consist of metal brackets that are glued to your teeth and are held together with a thin, metal wire.
- Clear/Ceramic Braces: Clear braces for teenagers are the same as their metal counterparts but have brackets that are made from clear, ceramic.
- Clear Aligners: These are made from BPA-free, clear plastic, are virtually invisible and can be removed to eat, drink, and clean.
Regardless of which type of braces you get, it’s very important to follow Dr. Ziadeh’s instructions on how to wear and care for them to ensure that your orthodontic experience goes as smoothly as possible.
How Long Will I Wear Braces?
The length of your orthodontic treatment time will depend on the condition of your teeth and how well you care for your oral health while wearing braces. Most teenagers can expect to wear their braces for around two years. The best way to achieve a beautiful, healthy smile as quickly as possible is to brush and floss thoroughly every day, avoid foods that could harm your braces, such as caramel and popcorn, and visit the dentist twice a year for routine check-ups and professional cleanings.
Average Cost of Braces for Teenagers?
The cost of your teen’s orthodontic treatment will depend on your dental insurance plan. To learn more about your specific dental insurance policy, please contact our office.
Schedule Your Consultation at Senan Orthodontic Studios
The trusted team at Senan Orthodontic Studios is committed to offering quality, compassionate orthodontic care to patients of all ages. To take the first step in your child’s orthodontic journey and help them achieve a beautiful, straight, healthy smile, call today to schedule their consultation.