Traditional braces are one of the most effective ways of correcting misaligned teeth and creating the perfect smile. However, most people aren’t thrilled about being stuck with one color of braces throughout their orthodontic treatment, and this is where colored braces come in.
With colored braces, you can experiment with plenty of different color combinations and have a little fun with them. Because everyone has a unique style and different preferences, not every pallet or shade is suitable for everyone, and there are a few things to keep in mind when picking the best braces colors for your smile.
What are Colored Braces?
Colored braces get their name from the colorful elastic bands that are fitted to the brackets. These elastic bands help the archwire retain its position and pull or push your teeth in the desired direction to achieve proper bite alignment.
Which are the Best Colors for Braces?
There are many different ways that people choose the best colors for their braces, but ultimately, it all comes down to age and preference. Some of the most popular colors are shades of pink, orange, red, green, blue, yellow, and purple, but you can also pick two shades of the same color for a more subtle look or a contrasting pair to stand out more.
At Senan Orthodontic Studios, we have a wide variety of colors you can choose from to select the best colors that better match your personality, age, and other preferences. Our team has tons of experience choosing braces colors and can help if you are having trouble picking a color.
What to Consider When Choosing Your Braces Colors
There are several factors to consider when choosing the right colors for your braces:
- Favorite color: One of the easiest ways to choose a braces color is to go with your favorite color.
- Diet: Some colored foods and drinks such as tomato sauce, wine, and coffee can dye your rubber braces and bands—especially if you’ve chosen clear or white ones. If you want a color that doesn’t show stains as easily, try grey or silver, which blends in with metal brackets.
- Holidays/events: Lots of holidays or events have signature colors, and what better way to celebrate them than wearing those colors on your braces. For example, you can choose red and green for Christmas or glow-in-the-dark bands for Halloween.
- Outfits: Because the bands on your braces become a part of your everyday style, you want to pick a braces color that enhances your style and complements any outfit or occasion.
- Seasonal: You can also choose colors that suit the season, such as neon and bright colors for summer, blues and pinks for spring, red and orange for fall, and dark blue and purple for winter.
- Compliment eyes: You can also choose braces colors that complement your eyes. For example, if you have light-colored eyes, such as blue or green, a great option is to choose the same color in a darker shade, while brown eyes can be enhanced with varying shades of green.
How Often Can I Change Braces Colors?
Because the elastics on your metal braces get changed during your orthodontic visits every 6 to 8 weeks, you don’t have to settle for just one color or color scheme through your entire braces treatment. You can choose a new color every time you go for an adjustment.
Get Colored Braces from Senan Orthodontics Studio
If you’re in McAllen, TX, and are considering traditional braces, colored braces may be the best option for you. They provide an awesome opportunity to have fun, get creative and adventurous, and share your personality and unique style during your orthodontic treatment. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Dr. Senan K. Ziadeh
BDS DDS MScD DScD CAGS Ortho
Dr. Senan Ziadeh, a board-certified orthodontist, brings over two decades of experience to his practice, Senan Orthodontic Studios, in McAllen, Texas. His illustrious career spans three continents, where he acquired a vast array of post-doctoral degrees, including a Doctorate of Science in Dentistry (DScD) and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Orthodontics (CAGS), culminating in his recognition as a Diplomate by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Alongside his professional accomplishments, Dr. Ziadeh is a dedicated family man, enjoying diverse activities from traveling to music.