It’s no secret that improving crooked teeth can help enhance the beauty of your smile, but straight teeth are about more than appearances. Teeth that are properly aligned play an important role in maintaining good oral and overall health. No matter how crooked, overcrowded, or gapped your teeth may be, Senan Orthodontic Studios can help you achieve a straighter, healthier smile quickly and conveniently. Here’s what you need to know about how straight teeth can improve your quality of life before scheduling an appointment with our friendly team.
Why is oral health important?
Whether you realize it or not, the condition of your smile can affect many other aspects of your life. Along with helping your teeth look their best and boosting your self-esteem, good oral health can make it easier to chew your food thoroughly, speak clearly, and avoid oral health concerns that could be painful or expensive to resolve. Additionally, the health benefits of straight teeth also align with your physical health as well, like having a well-balanced diet. Maintaining your oral health is a great way to improve healthy teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
How can people maintain their oral health?
Maintaining good oral health is easier than it may seem. Keeping your teeth and gums in tip-top shape is as simple as:
- Brushing twice a day
- Flossing once a day
- Routine appointments for cleanings and exams every six months
- Avoiding certain foods and drinks, such as soda and chewy candy
What are the main benefits of having straight teeth?
Straight teeth can improve your quality of life in a variety of ways. Some of the benefits that come with having straight teeth include:
- Feeling confident
- Better overall oral health
- Fewer teeth grinding
- Clear speech
- Fewer cavities
- Improved gum health
How can having crooked teeth impact your health?
Just as having straight teeth can have many advantages, having crooked teeth can make you more likely to experience certain oral and overall health problems. Some ways that crooked teeth can negatively impact your health include:
- Making it harder to chew
- Causing digestive problems
- Leading to excessive wear on teeth or jaw
- Cracked teeth
- Chronic headaches
What orthodontic treatment does Senan Orthodontic Studios offer?
If your teeth are misaligned, crooked, or overcrowded, or you’re experiencing another health concern due to misaligned teeth, Senan Orthodontic Studios is proud to offer many orthodontic treatment options to meet the particular needs of both children and adults. These include:
- Traditional Braces: Metal brackets that are adhered to your teeth and held together with a thin wire that is tightened every 6 weeks. They’re worn for around 2 years and can resolve most orthodontic problems.
- Clear Aligners: Custom-made plastic aligner trays are traded out every 2-3 weeks and worn from 12-18 months. They’re removable, comfortable, and virtually invisible.
- Clear/Ceramic Braces: These work the same way traditional braces do, but use clear/ceramic brackets rather than metal ones for a more discreet appearance.
- Surgical Orthodontics: Surgery to resolve jaw, bite, and other facial concerns.
- TMD/TMJ Treatment: Straightening teeth and/or wearing a custom mouth guard can help manage the symptoms of Temporomandibular joint disorder or TMD/TMJ.
- Retainers: Permanent and removable retainers can ensure your teeth don’t shift and cause dental problems over time.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: Oral appliance therapy can help improve sleeping patterns in people of all ages.
Senan Orthodontic Studios Can Help You Gain a Straight, Healthy Smile
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile and want straighter teeth, we can help you at Senan Orthodontic Studios. Everyone should understand the importance of a straight smile and how better oral health can impact teeth. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation and learn how straight teeth can improve oral and overall health for years to come!
Dr. Senan K. Ziadeh
BDS DDS MScD DScD CAGS Ortho
Dr. Senan Ziadeh, a board-certified orthodontist, brings over two decades of experience to his practice, Senan Orthodontic Studios, in McAllen, Texas. His illustrious career spans three continents, where he acquired a vast array of post-doctoral degrees, including a Doctorate of Science in Dentistry (DScD) and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Orthodontics (CAGS), culminating in his recognition as a Diplomate by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Alongside his professional accomplishments, Dr. Ziadeh is a dedicated family man, enjoying diverse activities from traveling to music.